SUWANEE, Georgia, April 2, 2018 – Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.'s Cooling & Heating Division (Mitsubishi Electric), a leading manufacturer of Zoned Comfort Solutions™ and Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) cooling and heating systems, held its 2018 Diamond Leadership Conference at Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas, from March 2 - 5. The annual conference included more than 500 distributors, manufacturers’ representatives, and employees who celebrated a successful year and learned about new programs, products and strategies for 2018.
Participants attended general sessions and breakout sessions presented by Mitsubishi Electric senior executives all emphasizing a proven formula for succeeding together: focus, invest, achieve. Breakout sessions included Commercial Products, Commercial Marketing and Programs, Solutions Business Update, Residential Products, Residential Marketing, Residential Programs and Executive Roundtables. Keynote speaker Ryan Estis, a successful business author and motivational speaker, offered insights on how sales leaders can adapt and thrive to win in a 2020 World.
“We’ve put a great deal of energy into building a strong distribution network, offering them the knowledge, training and support they need to provide the quality and innovation they have come to expect from Mitsubishi Electric,” said Mark Kuntz, senior vice president and deputy general manager, Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.’s Cooling & Heating Division. “Moving forward, we strive to continue to strengthen our network and apply best practices in leadership and sales strategies, which in turn will result in even better outcomes.”
Mitsubishi Electric presented several awards during the conference to recognize the success of channel leaders in areas of sales, market development and service. The categories are: Diamond Leader of the Year Award, Business Unit Diamond Leader Awards, Crowning Achievement Award and Crowning Achievement Millionaires Club.
This year’s prestigious Diamond Leader of the Year Award, which honors channel leaders that have performed above all others, was awarded to Homans Associates, Wilmington, Massachusetts.
The Business Unit Diamond Leader Awards are presented to commercial and residential channel leaders in each of Mitsubishi Electric’s five business units. The following companies were recognized this year:
- Central Business Unit – Commercial - The Habegger Corporation - Cincinnati, Ohio
- Central Business Unit – Residential - The O’Connor Company - Wichita, Kansas
- Northeast Business Unit – Residential - BellSimons Companies - Hartford, Connecticut
- Northeast Business Unit – Commercial - Homans Associates - Wilmington, Massachusetts
- South Business Unit - Aireco Supply, Inc. - Laurel, Maryland
- Southwest Business Unit – Residential - Johnson Supply - Houston, Texas
- Southwest Business Unit – Commercial - Gulf Coast Air Systems LLC - Lafayette, Louisiana
- West Business Unit – Residential - Gensco, Inc. - Tacoma, Washington
- West Business Unit – Commercial - Air Treatment Corporation - Brea, California
Forty-three Crowning Achievement Awards and 23 Crowning Achievement Millionaires Club Awards were also presented at the 2018 Diamond Leadership Conference.
To learn more about Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, visit www.mehvac.com.